3/27/11

Totally Unrelated


HECK
It's been too long since my last post. Sorry fans, I have a J O B
now and well, I'm on my computer ALL DAY and I really don't
feel like being on here much in my free time.

I take pictures wherever I go (almost). So for this post I wanted
to take a break from sharing all my awesome insights (don't you
worry!) I'll still be sharing them with you.....just not here or now.
Come take a stroll with me through a few of my pictures. Some are old and some I took more recently. A few are so random I apologize if you don't understand. My eyes and heart see things you may not. Oh well.

MOIST

Gee, I don't know why people think the Pacific Northwest is sooo soggy? I happen to find moss pretty. I like picking at it as I wait for my sons bell to ring after school. Can't tell you how many bricks I have scrapped clean, or how many trees I've striped of this green soft stuff?

I've always been a "picker" or a "shredder" and this spongy growth on just about every surface gives me the perfect outlet to satisfy my needs.






MONKEY BOY TRESS

Every Tuesday night we go to Community Group. We meet to share our lives with and discuss the weeks sermon and to have intentional loving relationships with members of the church family.

Not my son. Tress runs downstairs and crams his body into this size 4T monkey costume and stays in it until its time to go home. The younger kids love it (and him) and my best guess is this suit lets him be who he is. A goof-ball true and through. I love how comfortable he is while at CG. I might need to find him a bigger monkey costume though.....






JESUS FACEPALM
Because even Jesus doesn't know what to say regarding your stupidity.
Okay, so my humors has gotten me into trouble before.....but come on! THIS IS FUNNY
Sometimes I swear I can actualy hear Jesus smack his forehead at the things I do and say.
Good thing I'm loved. (and you too)


HE LIKED IT

I have gone Gluten Free and feel so much better! after much research I have decided to try and transitions my child's gluten laden diet to less. Not a total GF life for him but where and when I can I will. He loved my GF Pizza. He even told his friends about it. In a "mama's cooking was gwood last night" kinda way!!!


ADVENTURES IN CRACKERS

No Gluten, sugar, leavenings, eggs or dairy make it tricky to bake. I figured out how to make crackers. Corn flour does NOT work. (ask my friend Laura) Oat flour made a weird chewy cracker. Bobs Red Mill all purpose GF baking flour (with a pinch of xanthan gum) ROCKS the crackers!!

The toppings are endless and seriously guys, they are awesome!


WHATS HIS FACE

Estimates of Seattle's homeless population put the numbers somewhere around 6,000-8,000 people; up to 1,000 are children and young adults.
Each of them have a name. I saw this on Broadway St. the other day and it made me pause. Have you been homeless?
I have. Someone who knows homelessness made this art.



NEEDS

This woman was franticly kissing pictures of Saints as she waited for her bus.
Mentaly ill? probably
Isolated? probably
Somebody's mother? probably
watches too much TV? probably
Is loved? probably
Have unmet needs? probably

As the two love birds sat unaware of her, I prayed for this photo kisser.



MOMS GLASSES

No I didn't buy them. Had to try them on though.
She wore really big glasses like this. Its a good look ya say? oh....whats that? I should have gotten them?
Forget about it.
Not only are the glasses horrendous, this clothing store (Forever XXI) is like trying to shop in too loud of a music - way over crammed - teeny booper melt down - "I'm not skinny enough" - long lines - bright lights - HELL
Maybe I should have bought the glasses after all?
We only went in there following a friend of ours. My poor child was in tears, so we waited outside in the cold rain, that was better.



FAMILY IS GOOD

Here's a sample of restoration.
Last summer for the first time in over 20 years I was in the same space as 2 of my brothers. I have 5 total.

I just love this picture and all the people in it.
I thank God for the work he's doing in and through our family. I still have hope that some day this group will grow and its original members will join in.
UM HUM

Gotta give it to him....it does look like a gun.
P-PATCH

This is a sweet picture I took in my sisters p-patch last year.

Just wanted to round out the violence from the above picture. I really don't care for guns and there seems to be nothing I can do to stop or change my boys interest in them.
Is it wrong to tell him I'd break both of his legs to prevent him from going into the army??

Ahhhh, Aren't these flowers sweet?
What a lovely picture isn't it?


GARDEN ESSENTIALS

Dirt? Check
Seeds? Check
Starter pots? Check
Fork? Check
Spoon? Check

SUNS IN OUR EYES

What a cool picture.
We really didn't get out much or go on road trips growing up. I do remember this day trip. My mom kept yelling at dad to stop the car so she could pick the wild flowers and dad refused because it was illegal. She sure whined loud and as soon as the car stopped she had us kids pick her some flowers. Must have been a hot day, don't remember the boys going shirtless very often.




WHO ME?

I was not a clown.









WHAT!!! How Did I NOT KNOW I was in the SAME CLASS as  ANNIE!!!








Yes, this one is all mine.
Like I said he is a goof-ball, true and through.
Monkey suit or no monkey suit.






2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally made my day Brook! I love how you see the world. You have a very sensitive spirit, a huge heart and eyes that see things we prefer to overlook. You cracked me up with your comments and photos. That photo of Jesus made me laugh...a good reminder of his patience with us. You were totally rocking those sun glasses! Loved those oldie photos. Those shirtless boys look an awful lot like the next generation of shirtless Burlando boys!

    ReplyDelete